25th May 2018 sees the introduction of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and brings with it the biggest change to Data Protection in the last 20 years. Datasource are proud to abide by regulations in the following way;
- In each contract Datasource hold with candidates, suppliers and clients involving the processing of personal data Datasource are the Data Controller i.e. the individual or the legal person who controls and is responsible for the keeping and use of personal information.
- Datasource will not transmit personal data to any country outside the European Economic Area without the client and candidates consent. If you’re a candidate and are happy for your details to be passed to one of our clients, please be aware their processes may differ.
- Datasource will hold personal data for the purpose of legitimate interests; i.e. we are providing data subjects with a recruitment service and hold data for the purpose of live job requirements.
- Datasource shall hold personal data for a minimum of 3 years unless the data subject is engaged in contract with Datasource. In this circumstance the data will be held for a minimum of 7 years to comply with HMRC purposes.
- Records will only be retained beyond this period if the retention can be justified, i.e. for statutory, regulatory, legal or security reasons.
- We vouch that we shall never send candidates ‘spam’ emails and that all correspondence shall be informative and relevant to the candidate’s job search.
Collecting and Processing your Personal Information:
The majority of the personal information you provide to us freely when you send us your CV or send your details via a job application. Please do not submit such personal information to us if you do not wish us to collect it.
If, after submitting your details to us, you would like to permanently delete your details from our database, you can send an email to our Data Protection Officer with the subject line “Permanently delete my information”. Please be aware if your CV is currently active on a job board or public forum, i.e. LinkedIn, we may come across your details again online.
If you have any queries regarding the above; please don’t hesitate to contact our Data Protection Officer:
- Lindsay Babbage – email@example.com